Words of Inspiration - Things Can Change in an Instant

 


It was very bleak and dreary when I left home for work one morning. If I had allowed myself to be influenced by what I was seeing, I would not have taken the first step to start the journey. But duty called and I had to be at work, come what may. So, with a heavy heart, I set out on my journey. I would rather be in my bed, but I had to press past what I was feeling in order to accomplish the task at hand. 

Several minutes into my journey, I noticed that the conditions remained the same. It was shaping up to be a rainy, dark and gloomy day. Not the condition that would entice anyone to venture outside. I began to condition my mind for what lay ahead for the rest of the day.

As I rounded a corner, I was met with the most beautiful rainbow and the brightest sunshine ever. Instantly my mood and outlook changed. I totally forgot what was behind me and looked with joy and great expectation to what was in front of me. What was behind me was no longer important; what was before me was much more appealing.  I could see the possibility of a glorious day and the thought filled me with hope. Things had changed in an instant! The dark clouds were behind me but more importantly, sunshine was ahead and that made all the difference.

Are you having dark, cloudy days? Do you wish you could stay in bed all day instead of facing the tasks at hand? Does it seem to be raining all the time? Do you feel that there is no hope for you? Don’t be fooled. Acknowledge these feelings for what they are but be assured that they too will pass. Nothing lasts forever.

In an instant, the sun can burst through the clouds, bringing hope and a fresh new start. The doom and gloom will be replaced by silver linings and new beginnings. Do not dwell on the past. Forget what is behind you and move forward with confidence. Walk boldly into the future and possess your possessions, knowing that it is well with you. Do not look back. Keep pressing forward. You were born to win and nothing - no dark clouds, no rain - can stand in your way.

Comments

  1. Amen, thanks Lona and may the Peace of Jesus Christ be continually with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POEM - Mama Was A Wise One

Devotional - A New Lease on Life

Devotional - A Divinely Ordained Delay (Part 2)

Words of Inspiration - Gratitude Is a Must!

Devotional - Hidden Things