Think on These Things - Hidden in Plain Sight

 


A few days ago, I was editing a document at work. I came across an unfamiliar word and so I stopped to check for its meaning,m in order to be sure that it was being used correctly. When I returned to the document, I could not remember the section where I had come across the word. 


I read several lines in the general area hoping to find the word and continue. That proved to be a difficult task. Look as I may, I could not locate the word. I thought it strange. My eyes were really playing tricks on me. A few minutes ago I was seeing the word for the first time, and in a few minutes, it seemed to have totally disappeared from the page.


I then resorted to a word search of the document and eventually found the elusive word. It was right in front of me, yet hidden in plain sight. It boggles my mind how such a thing could ever happen, but as the saying goes, 'truth is stranger than fiction.'


But it is certainly not farfetched that such a thing could happen. How many times have we missed the things that we were looking for, when they were right in front of us, right under our noses? How many times have we missed the answer to our prayers because we had a preconceived notion of what the answer would look like? How many times have we missed a move of God because we have put Him into a box and failed to see His response to our prayers and petitions? How many times have we missed a blessing because it did not come wrapped in the kind of packaging that we expected? We overlook what is right in front of us and though we see it, we really don't see it. 


The things we desire are often well within our reach. We just need to look closer and dig deeper. Looking with a fresh perspective or taking a different approach can also do the trick.  Eventually, we will find what we have been looking for.


Blessings!



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these true words, Lona

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many times I have missed out on a blessing because it wasn’t packaged the way I think it should. Forgive me Lord. Thanks for sharing Lona ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. May the Lord open our eyes to see what He has placed in front of us. Bless you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POEM - Mama Was A Wise One

Devotional - A New Lease on Life

Devotional - A Divinely Ordained Delay (Part 2)

Words of Inspiration - Gratitude Is a Must!

Devotional - Hidden Things